Tech Enablement Training - Essential Skills and Pre-requisites
This document aims to put together all the items which will enable us to come up with a proper training plan for a partner team that will be working on the DIGIT platform.
Below listed are the technical skill sets that are required to work on the DIGIT stack. It is expected the team planning on attending training is well versed with the mentioned technologies before they attend eGov training sessions.
- Open API Contract - Swagger2.0
- Java and REST APIS
- Basics of Elasticsearch
- NodeJS, ReactJS
- Understanding of the microservice architecture.
- Experience of AWS, Azure, GCP, NIC Cloud.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, command, VM Instances, networking, storage.
- To create Kubernetes cluster on AWS, Azure, GCP on NIC Cloud.
- Kubectl installation & commands (apply, get, edit, describe k8s objects)
- Terraform for infra-as-code for cluster or VM provisioning.
- Understanding of VM types, Linux OS types, LoadBalancer, VPC, Subnets, Security Groups, Firewall, Routing, DNS)
- Experience setting up CI like Jenkins and create pipelines.
- Deployment strategies - Rolling updates, Canary, Blue/Green.
- Scripting - Shell, Groovy, Python and GoLang.
- Experience in Baking Containers and Dockers.
- Artifactory - Nexus, Verdaccio, DockerHub, etc.
- Experience on Kubernetes ingress, setting up SSL certificates and renewal
- Understanding on Zuul gateway
- Gitops, Git branching, PR review process. Rules, Hooks, etc.
- Experience in Helm, packaging and deploying.
- JBoss Wildfly, Apache, Nginx, Redis and Postgres.
Trainees are expected to have laptops/ desktops configured as mentioned below with all the software required to run the DIGIT application
There are knowledge assets available in the Net for general items and eGov assets for DIGIT services. Here you can find references to each of the topics of importance. It is mandated the trainees do a self-study of all the software mentioned in the prerequisites using the reference materials shared.